New and need some support please

As of 24th December 2013 version 2.0 is no longer available for purchase. This is a general discussion and self help section for version 2.0, for people to post stuff they have found useful.
SarahY
New and need some support please

Post by SarahY » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:02 pm

Hello,

Having used another product for the last 10 years.. making a change is quite difficult at the present moment. However because our new system came with vista (I didn't want Vista) it conflicts severely with my accounting software. So aseaching a went.

Found this .. Thank you to the developer.. I HOPE this does what I need. This is the look of desperation !!! :cry:

Now to the questions...
1. when I do a split in the category, ie allocate parts of the total amount to various items, it is not letting me allocate the last amount. It is saying
"Amount entered is larger than total amount for allocated items."

This has happened on each one I have tried to do, but one. Am I doing something wrong ? I am 100% sure that the amounts I am putting in on the allocation box add up to the total amount I put in on the Transaction box.

2. How do I save reports ? Can it be done ? Like saving the entire report after it is produced.

3. Also I would like to know if I can save report settings. ie I need to be able to make selections of different categories/accounts to produce specific reports and would like to save those settings so I don't have to re tick the specific categories / accounts each time I need to reproduce the report.

4. Is there a limit ( on the purchase version) on the number of categories or number of accounts ?

5. last.. how hard is it to import files from my previous accounting quicken 2004 ? The application is corrupt on the old computer's hard drive but I have the backup saved on an external HD.

thank you for your time in helping me with these questions and issues.

Sarah

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 pm

1) This is a bug and we have a fix coming very shortly in the next version
2) To save reports you can choose File export, and save the report as CSV or XLS (EXCEL). or You can print the report. (File print)
3) Cannot save report setting yet.
4) No limit on accounts / categories etc
5) You can Import QUICKEN files

Regards 8)

SarahY

Post by SarahY » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Can I just have an approximate release time for the next version with the bug fix ? I only ask because I am desperate to get my lack of working accounting software solved soon.

I have to allocate most of my receipts to different catagories, hence my question.

I realize you won't have an exact date, but approximate would be great.

Thanks
Sarah

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:16 am

BankTree Personal Finance 2.0.7.0 Out now !!

alanl58

Post by alanl58 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:59 pm

I, also, am new to Bank Tree having migrated from Quicken when Vista no longer worked. I also tried another accounts system, and that was far too difficult to understand.

But where is the written User Manual? - and I do not mean just a re-print of the "help" file?

Good documentation would be an asset to this software, which I am sure would be welcomed by many other Forum users.

For example:

How do you "update" a cash balance?

Why is there a "period" of dates against an entry - sorry, transactions e.g. "from" and "to"?

Why, then, also do I have to enter "999" against the period?

I don't understand the philosophy or phraseology of the software, and would hope that at least a PDF file could be made available to allow me to study my problems off-computer.

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:37 pm

1) To update a cash balance either set the opening account balance or add a new account transaction.

2) The next two question seem to be related to scheduled items. You set a 'from' and 'to' as end and start dates for which the scheduled item will run against. Simmilarly the period can be set to repeat the instruction for a number of time i.e 999 times without consideration to the end date.

To access the transactions / items etc you should be in the account transaction screen. To get to this either double click on the account you have set up or select the accout and click on the 'Trasactions' button on the account screen.

Also we do not have a printed manual, allowing us to reduce our carbon footprint!!