1) Accounts screen. Would it be possible to reduce the space between accounts on the "Accounts" scren to fit more items on it, or make it user defined?
2) Transfers. When you do a Transfer, using "Transfer" as a category, it works fine for the debit account, but on the credit side it comes through as a "Credit" type therefore ignoring the category entered. Why? It then means that the balance of category "Transfer" does not equal zero!
3) Reconciliations. What practical steps should you go through with this software to reconcile an account? I'd have expected to have an option to "Show Reconciled balance" like "cleared funds" which should then match the physical statement.
4) Refunds (tip). To post a refund, against say an expense category, you need to enter a "minus" in front of the amount.
5) Amount field. The amount field defaults to 0.00, which is fine if you are entering say £100 so you just ad 10 to the field but more often than not, you are entering a number using the decimal point, so the field should be default to blank.
Further, if you have a scheduled transfer for say a credit card bill, it would be best to allow a Zero (0.00) amount, which you can then edit as an when but at the moment the software says it needs a valid amount entering!
6) Sub category. It seems you can type a sub category into a transaction, but if it does not exist in the main list of categories it will just use the category heading only, without warning that the sub catyegory does not exist. You should also have the ability to jump to the category screen to update while part way thru a transaction.
7) Copy facility. A really useful tool would be to copy an existing item, into the same account or another account. Autofill is okay to an extent but a simple copy & paste would be much quicker?
Wages & salary. How do you enter a full payslip, with minus items such as taxes? Further, it seems you can not "allocate" under scheduled items, such as a payslip?
9) Payment type / autofill. If you enter a letter, say "c" it should just bring up the nearest item in the table automatically, i.e. "Cheque", like the "Type" field does?
Likewise, in the payee field, if you start entering a name, it should recognise previous similar entries and then autofill the category boxes etc. Further it does not assume the same amount, and I'd suggest it should.
10) Cheque or credit slip ref number. Can I suggest a seperate field for this? Autofill copies the description used last time which is currently where the cheque number has to go, so you have to change the item afterwards defeating the purpose of an autofill.
11) Scheduled transactions. Why when entering an item to scheduled transactions, from "add transaction" in an account, does it not then save the item in the account? Am I doing something wrong?
12) Screen goes back to the top. If after enetering a transaction, and close the "add transaction" screen, the screen goes back to the beginning and not the bottom.
13) Inventory. A content inventory would be useful which is linked to a transaction, so if when entering a new expense item, you want it recrded in your inventry, you tick a box a new screen comes up afterwards with the amount, payee details etc already entered and allows you to add a file (say a scanned receipt, or initiate scanning), insurance values, location, type of item etc etc.
14) BankTree licence. Is it possible to run the application, under teh same licence on another machine in teh same house? For example sometimes I might want to do the accounts in the lounge on the laptop?