What do users think of version 3.0

For the current version of the software. This is a general discussion and self help section for version 3.0, for people to post stuff they have found useful.
BankTree Support
Site Admin
What do users think of version 3.0

Post by BankTree Support » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Hiya,

Just to gauge some views, what do people think of version 3.0 ?

Features they like ? not like etc ?

Lilleybelle

Re: What do users think of version 3.0

Post by Lilleybelle » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:18 pm

I previously used the 2.0 software for a long time and as I am trying to transfer the information I am currently trialling the 3.0 version. I liked on the previous version that you could see in advance in week/months and even years what your potential balance will be. I have changed the dates on this version to try and achieve a similar thing so I can see in advance what my balance will potentially look like, but I cannot seem to see past approx. 3 weeks on the reminders. Is there anyway I can view in advance my balance other than reverting back to pen and paper?

Thanks

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:44 am

The way future transactions are shown has changed, this used to be done with the account transaction screen. This is now done via the forecasting date selection under reports.

You would set up the schedule for your payments (normally without the need to add to the account way into the future). Go to reports (for any report) and click on the Customise button, you can then select the forecasting option from the date drop down allowing you to put a start and end date for the forecast range.

wilkoevans

Post by wilkoevans » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:03 am

BankTree Support wrote:
> The way future transactions are shown has changed, this used to be done with the
> account transaction screen. This is now done via the forecasting date selection
> under reports.
>
> You would set up the schedule for your payments (normally without the need to add
> to the account way into the future). Go to reports (for any report) and click on
> the Customise button, you can then select the forecasting option from the date drop
> down allowing you to put a start and end date for the forecast range.

I don't want to have to load a report to see future transactions, I like to see how they are affected by non scheduled payments on the account in real time.

I think in the end I would just insert all of the schedule payments manually into the account for a period of time and then just hide the schedule screen.

Dobigator

Post by Dobigator » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Pleased with it so far, but I have just tried to "reconcile" and now can no longer see a cumulative balance for any of my accounts? Although the reconciliation worked when I select "finished reconciliation" I just go back to the reconcile button ???

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Right click on the column headers and select reset columns / or just check the balance column to show it.

Dobigator

Post by Dobigator » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Many thanks, all back to normal.

Buster

Post by Buster » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:15 am

Pity there doesn't seem to be any way of personalising entries with colours. V2 allows a choice of colours for uncleared and cleared funds, V3 doesn't seem to allow this. Am I missing something?

BankTree Support
Site Admin

Post by BankTree Support » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:44 pm

The status column shows the transaction as uncleared (U), Cleared (C) and Reconciled(R). You can move the column from its current position by dragging the column header to the new position.