We have released BankTree Mobile (for Android and iOS). This works with the BankTree Personal finance 3.0 desktop application.
BankTree Mobile has the following features
- Run stand alone or with the desktop application
- View your net worth across all accounts
- Supports multiple currencies
- Supports account groups
- Add and delete account transactions
- Add transfers and split transactions
- Take a picture of your receipt and attach to your transaction
- Synchronise transactions and receipts with the BankTree personal finance desktop application
- Link all your mobile devices with BankTree personal finance desktop application
Budgets aren't fun and they aren't sexy. They are, however, completely necessary. Cheryl Porier, AKA Miss Download, takes a look at BankTree Personal Finance and loves how easy, intuitive and relatively painless it can be to track money coming in and money going out. Product shown is BankTree Personal Finance 2.0
For those with slightly sophisticated finances, investments can also be managed with BankTree Personal Finance.
1) Linked cash account / capital account: When you create a new investment account in BankTree Personal Finance, you will also notice a linked cash account for the newly created investment has been created. This is used to track your investment gain/loss and will hold the cash value for your investments. It functions just like a normal cash account i.e. as you buy shares the value of this account will decrease, and increase when you sell shares. You can also use it to schedule recurring investment transactions (although you will not be able to amend investment transactions). Deleting this account will also delete the investment account.
We have released BankTree Mobile (for Android and iOS). This works with the BankTree Personal finance 3.0 desktop application. You can download both from the download area
You will need the latest version of BankTree Personal finance 3.0
How to install / use BankTree Mobile
Follow the onscreen instructions from Google Play or Apple App store to install onto your device.
BankTree offers a number of ways to see your future balances, and projections. These are calculated from your recurring payments, which you will need to setup as scheduled transactions. See the article on how to set up schedules.
Setting up a budget will allow you to rein in your spending in simple terms it is a check of how much money you are earning against how much you are spending. Once you know which way the needle is swinging, you can either kerb your spending or treat your self a bit more.
Setting up a budget is easy in BankTree Personal Finance, just follow these steps: