- Registration and Deregistration
- Copying your data files
- Restoring a Backup
- Reinstalling the installation and your registration
- Copying data files and registration to a different computer or the same computer
- Reactivating the software
- Loss of all your data files
If you are trying to restore files produced in version 2.0, Do not use the File > Restore feature. Instead copy them to the data area and use File > Open as the restore will not copy across the .tfr file which was required for version 2.0
Registration and Deregistration
- Once your trial has finished you need to register the software to continue to use it. The current price is £35.00 for the first installation. The software is licenced per computer, so to use the software on more that one computer you need to purchase an additional licence. For each additional computer this is just £5.00.
- If you need to transfer the registration to another computer you can do this as follows. After you have registered the software on your computer, you have the option of deregistering the software. Go to the help menu and select Deregister Software. You need to enter your deregistration details, making sure you enter the correct registered email address. On completion the software will revert to the trial version on your computer. If the trial has expired you will see the registration screen. You can only deregister the software a maximum of 3 times from the computer you are using, after this you will need to purchase an additional licence to use on the same computer again.
- If your installation does not have the option Deregister Software from the Help menu. Please download and install the latest version of the software
- On the computer you want to transfer the registration to or reinstall the software to: Download and install the trial software from our web site Download. When you run the application you will see the trial screen. Enter your registration details, making sure to enter your correct registered email address. When the registration is successful you then have full access to the application.
- If you need to use the software on an additional computer, you still install the trial software, using the same registered email. On registration the payment page will calculate the correct fee.
Copying your data files
On the computer you have registered the software on
- Go to the File Menu and select Backup.
You can select a USB drive to backup to.
You are selecting a location to backup the files to so you need to select the destination drive etc. Use the left pane scroll bar to select the drive and enter the file name in the right pane - clicking on the Save button.
- Your USB drive will contain one file, the data file (.dat), it will have the name of the file you selected and a date and time stamp.
On the computer you need to copy the data files to
- Reinstall the software from our web site Download by installing the trial version.
- Run the trial version of the software.
- Go to the File menu and select Restore Backup (restoring from the USB drive).
You are selecting a location to restore the files from so you need to select the source drive etc. Use the left pane scroll bar to select the drive and select the file name in the right pane - clicking on the Open button. After restoring your data file you will have full access to the registered version of the software.
Selecting your data file
- If you need to reselect your data file as you are seeing the sample data file - go to the File Menu and select File > Open, and select your own data file.
Trial Period Expired when restoring files
- If the trial period has expired, at the registration screen click Buy Now, and follow the on screen prompts to verify your registration. If you are already using your registration on another computer, you will need to purchase an additional licence.
Unable to deregister software, before registering software on new installation
If you are unable to deregister your previous installation (as you no longer have access to your old computer, you have formatted your hard disk or replaced it, or you have reinstalled Windows) you will need to reactivate the software. The cost for reactivating would be at the same price of £5.00, as for an additional registration. Follow the reinstallation process above, then at the registration screen proceed to the payment pages, you must use the same email address you previously used when registering. You do not need to contact us as the discount for reactivation is applied automatically.