The above behaviour will occur if the previous version of the software did not have any charting functionailty before the update.
- Uninstall the current version of BankTree Personal Finance from the Windows Control Panel.
- Run the Install Manager software to install the new version of BankTree Personal Finance 2.11.x (download from Here if this is missing).
- Go to the file menu and select Open, to select your data file.
You may also find that your data is not correct such as 'all entries are in the Paid In columns', and when amending categories you get the error message 'the field tblCategory.Sign can not contain a null value'.
For each data file:
- Download and copy the Data Utility to the location of your data file. Your data file must be called BankTree.dat
- Run the utility to correct the data, after which the data should be ok.
- Should the expenses still be shown as credits then simply re-run the data utility.
NB: Reconciled funds balance will include all reconciled funds plus all cleared funds. The cleared funds balance will be zero. Go to the view menu to see the different options.